Keep in mind the following tips to stay safe when driving:
- Refrain from using your cell phone.
- Put your cell phone on silent or in the glove box to avoid the temptation to use it.
- Safely pull over and put your vehicle in “park” to take or make a call.
- Change your voicemail message to say you are unavailable when driving, but will return the call once you have reached your destination.
Safety belts are one of the most effective safety devices in your vehicle. Always wear your safety belt when you are driving. Additionally, ensure your passengers are properly buckled before you begin to drive.
Aggressive driving behaviors include speeding, frequent and unnecessary lane changes, tailgating, and running lights. These behaviors create unsafe situations and can lead to road rage.
To avoid aggressive driving:
- Keep your emotions in check; don’t take your frustrations out on other drivers.
- Plan ahead, allowing enough time for delays.
- Focus on your own driving.
- Do not tailgate or flash your headlights at another driver.
- Use your horn sparingly.
Please Do Us a Favour
We need to ask you for a favour. If you found this information useful, please share it. If you still have questions, help us out by describing them below. All questions are welcome.