Uber offers peer-to-peer ridesharing, taxi service hailing, food delivery, and other services. The company has operations in 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via its websites and mobile apps.
Most Uber drivers use their own cars although drivers can rent or lease a car to drive with Uber. Drivers must meet requirements for age, health, car age and type, have a driver’s license and a smartphone or tablet, and must pass a background check.
If you’re looking for a way to make money driving, starting a career as an Uber driver could be the option you’ve been looking for and registering with Driversng will help you kick start your career.
Benefits of driving for Uber
Unlike more traditional taxi services, drivers who work for Uber have a lot of benefits:
1. Set your own schedule
You are the boss when you drive for uber because you can drive with the Uber app day or night. You are allowed to set your own schedule with flexible shifts.
2. Make money on your own terms
The more you drive, the more money you can make. When demand is higher than normal, you can make even more.
3. You get paid weekly
You get paid weekly when you work with uber. Uber drivers get to set up weekly automatic direct deposits to their bank account and payment is calculated automatically on a weekly cycle.
4. Use your own car
When you drive for uber you get to use your own car once your vehicle passes the Uber vehicle requirements.
5. You don’t have to own a car
Yeah, you read right! You can drive with uber even if you don’t own a car.
Requirements to be an Uber driver or registered Driversng driver
Here are some basic requirements, tips, and guidelines on how to be an Uber driver or become a registered Driversng driver. Most people can drive with Uber. The requirements vary by city but there are a few minimum requirements to be an Uber driver or what Uber calls a “driver partner”. This includes:
Meet the minimum age requirement: You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age
Be legally allowed to drive in your country: You need to have a valid driving license for the country. Whether you want to drive for uber Mexico, or uber Mumbai, or uber taxi Malaysia, or uber Australia, or uber taxi cape town, or uber USA e.t.c.
• Required documents
Before hitting the road, you are required to share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
1. Valid documentation to drive in your country
2. Proof of residency in your city or province
3. A driver profile photo:
Must be a forward-facing, centred photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
• Minimum vehicle requirements
All vehicles need to be in excellent working and physical condition. Also accepted vehicles vary per city.
All vehicles must have:
1. A working radio
2. A working air conditioner
3. Vehicle must be 10 years old or newer (the model year 2007) – Varies city to city.
4. Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan. Manual (standard) transmission is OK
5. Vehicle must have seating and seatbelts for 4 passengers, not including the driver
6. Must pass a mechanical vehicle inspection
7. Driver’s full name must be on the insurance for the vehicle
8. Driver’s name does NOT have to be on vehicle registration
9. Driver must pass a background check and driving record check
In addition to the minimum requirements above, each city has its own regulations for vehicles
• Vehicle inspection
After registration drivers are instructed to bring registered cars to an inspection centre for a vehicle inspection. Requirements vary by city.
Pros and cons of becoming an Uber driver
1. Getting paid weekly straight into your bank account
2. You get to be your own boss
3. No minimum or maximum hours – you work as little or as much as suits you
4. Flexible hours that can fit around studying and social life
5. Relaxing job if you enjoy driving
6. A very social job which is nice if you like chatting to people
7. Passenger star ratings help you avoid potential passengers who are likely to give you trouble or leave you waiting around for them
8. Passenger ratings also (in theory) encourage passengers to behave properly in your car
1. Outgoings are high (Uber take a 25% cut of everything you earn) so you need to work a fair amount to make a decent income (especially if you’re paying to rent a car)
2. It can take a long time to get your private hire license through
3. You need to do your own taxes
4. Insurance is particularly expensive for young people
5. No company benefits such as pension, holiday pay, sick leave, etc.
6. Spotify syncing option (where passengers can control the music in some cars from their own smartphones) can be annoying if you don’t like their music taste, or if they’re drunk and start blasting tunes in your ear!
7. Passenger ratings can’t guarantee that they won’t get in drunk and throw up in your car.
Is it worth becoming an Uber driver?
If you already have a suitable car to use, Uber is a great option for you and also a good part-time job for students.
From what we can see (and what we’ve heard from drivers) if you don’t already have a suitable car, it is worth thinking about whether this is the right option for you.
Have you applied to drive with Uber with Driversng? Do you drive for uber? Was this article helpful? We want to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this post, kindly like, comment and share with your friends. Thank you!